Dream Catcher II live-aboard : Maldives
'Dream Catcher II' is a 32 metre (107 ft) luxury live-aboard dive boat, built in March 2008. She provides luxurious accommodation, delicious food and professional diving services services, all with a spectacular sea view.
The Maldives is a chain of 26 atolls, comprising 1,200 islands, lying 600km Southwest of Sri Lanka at the Southern tip of India.
There are 7 luxurious suites that sleep a total of 17 guests. These include a Mega Suite with one double bed and one single, two Panoramic Suites with double beds and 4 luxury suites with either one double bed and one single or twin beds.
The spacious suites are decorated with the finest teak & high quality furnishings, and equipped with facilities such as TV, DVD and music systems. All of the suites have a private bathroom including a shower cubicle (with hot water), an electronic combination safe and each suite also has individually controlled air conditioning.
There is an elegant bar on the top deck which is the perfect location to sit & relax and watch the world go by, whilst enjoying a cocktail and taking in a fantastic sunset. The Saloon has a library area, international direct dial telephone, internet access, TV/DVD/Music system and Wii games console.
'Dream Catcher II' has a well trained, friendly and experienced crew. Their nationalities range from European to Maldivian and Sri Lankan (all crew members speak English). The Captain has extensive experience in all weather conditions on the Maldivian seas. The dive master is a professional and experienced PADI instructor and is on board at all times.
The boat is also proud to have one of the Maldives' finest Chefs on board. He has a vast experience of cooking international & local dishes. You will experience different menus everyday with fresh fruit, fish and meats that are transformed into amazing mouth-watering meals.
Dream Catcher II provides the ultimate scuba diving safari and will ensure that you travel in luxurious comfort. She will take you to reefs & dive sites that are rarely visited and give you the chance to explore the sea & discover the infinite variety of colourful coral, tropical fish and graceful marine life.
One of the best atolls for a short cruise is the Ari Atoll. The standard route takes you to North Malé Atoll, South Malé Atoll and Ari Atoll. Vaavu Atoll, Meemu Atoll, Baa and Lhaviyani Atolls are touched on longer voyages. You will never do the same dive twice on board Dream catcher II, and will encounter many incredible sights during your cruise, such as Whale Sharks, Sharks, Dolphins & Mantas. However we, as divers, know that safety is of paramount importance and as such, the sea conditions and currents ultimately control the choice of dive site on the day.
Dream Catcher II has a separate diving tender and a professional dive instructor onboard at all times. PADI courses can be provided during your stay onboard. The boat has two compressors, 12 litre dive tanks and a full equipment rental service. Please note that NITROX is not available on Dream Catcher II and disabled facilities are not available.
Information for divers
- The first dive is a check dive - obligatory for all divers.
- PADI courses available on board (please advise if you require this service).
- Dives are performed according to Maldivian law and PADI standards - no decompression dives, buddy system, maximum depth is 30m for AOWD or equivalent, for OWD or equivalent certified divers 18m maximum depth.
- Use of diving computer is obligatory and this can be hired onboard.
- Dive & travel insurance must be obtained prior to your arrival in the Maldives. (Aquatours can provide this.)
- Before every dive you will be thoroughly briefed and shown a map of the dive site.
What's included in the price?
Our prices include....
- Flights as confirmed at time of booking.
- South/North Male Atoll, Vaavu Atoll or South/North Ari Atoll itineraries.
- Accommodation in twin or double suite.
- Meals, Snacks, Tea, Coffee, drinking water and Wine at meal times only (House wine will be served with dinner only - maximum 2 glasses per person per dinner).
- Three dives daily per person per day and one night dive with tanks & weights only (12 litre tanks only).
- Services of a PADI qualified and highly experienced English speaking Dive Master.
- Pick-up & Drop-off at Male International Airport to connect with international flights.
- Snorkel trips to selected reefs (subject to weather/sea conditions).
- Day before guests departure, the boat will sail back to Male and a sightseeing excursion will be at 1300-1500 hrs to the Capital Island, Male.
Prices do not include....
- Air fares & Airport departure taxes.
- Dive/Snorkel equipment rental.
- Beverages, except those mentioned above during meal times only.
- Personal Laundry.
- Dive & Travel Insurance.
- Transfer supplements for arrivals/departures on days other than scheduled boat arrival/departure
|Length:||32m||Cabins:||7 x Cabins with en-suite bathrooms and air-conditioning.
(maximum of 17 guests).
|Cruise Speed:||13 knots||Constructed:||2008|
|Engines:||Diesel 400 hp.|
|Generators:||2 x 40KW Onan. (220v - 3pin)|
|Compressors:||2 x B14 compressors.||Saloon area:||Yes|
|Nitrox:||No.||Dining area:||Large dive deck.|
|Desalination Units:||Aqua Set. 4800 litre/day||Bar:||Yes|
|Marine Electronics:||Marine VHF radio, IDD telephone/fax, Radio telephone, CB radio, GPS, Echo sounder.||Sundecks:||Yes.|
|Zodiacs:||1 with outboard engine.||Audio/Visual equipment:||TV, DVD player, CD music system.|